Sunday, April 5, 2009

A DOG, A DOG; DID I REALLY WANT A DOG? (10)

The day dawned fair and clear. Blue sky, bright sunshine, temperature of 4°C by mid-morning. It's going to be a wonderful day. G3 and Uni-gal are taking Celtic Boy and Celtic Girl for swimming lessons.

Young Dog went home with his adoring mistress. As it should be.

Ol' bear, on the other hand, is not as he should be. My back and legs are so sore that I can bearly move. Getting up and down the stairs is a major accomplishment. I mostly have to pull myself up the stairs with hands on the banister. Getting to our congregation for Morning Worship today is just "not on."

But don't worry; I'm all right for the shape I'm in.

(Note to Bear: When first coming out of hibernation, do not attempt extensive, vigorous, regular exercise with a strong, enthusiastic, high-energy, active dog.)

BTW, if you don't hear from me for a few days, it's not that I've gone away angry. It's just that I haven't been able to make it as far as the computer.

Hope you're all enjoying spring. The snow is melting slowly; bits of the garden are beginning to appear. This is good. Soon the spring and summer birds will start returning. This will also be good. This year I will have little option but to sit in the sunshine, and watch and enjoy their presence. And that will be good.

Hope you all have a grand day and a good week.

5 comments:

Natalie said...

Take care Rob.xx

Rob-bear said...

Natalie: Thanks. I'm trying to. But it's all very trying.

Unknown said...

Got an idea for ya Bear... try sitting on a step, then going up backwards on your butt which sure saves on the overall muscles. Although, it might look a bit weird in a suit for Church!
Jane

Gutsy Living said...

Try making it to the computer at least to see your
that I made a Belize Buzz link to you today.

Rob-bear said...

Thanks for the note. You'll see my comment.