Monday, July 30, 2012

IN WHICH BEAR RECEIVES A GIFT . . .

and tries to figure out what to do with it. (This happened back in March; I've finally figured out what to do with it.)

In this case, this is the Versatile Blogger Award which comes to Bear from Rubye Jack. She is a fascinating individual living in "Indian Territory," USA. (For those not familiar with the designation, the state is now called Oklahoma.) Please drop by and check her out. She has quite a story to tell. Right now, she's using a community computer. That may change.

Next step. Name 15 other bloggers who deserve the Versatile Blogger Award. Not so easy. There are so many good blogs out there. Bear will have to think about that.

So far, 3 of the key tasks accomplished.
1. I've named the award.
2. I've told you who gave it to me.
3. I've told you that I have to pass this on to 15 folks, naming them, and letting them know they have been thus awarded.

Now, the hard part. The 15 blogs.

1. The big guy himself, The Blog Fodder
2. The half Welsh woman, Tattie Weasle
3. Maggie, Life in the Preseli Hills
4. M Lydia M, Writerquake
5. Domestic Laura, Cleaning House and Baking Cookies
6. Shannon's Faith~Hope~&~Love
7. West-coast Carol, Better Is Possible
8. Shauna, Two Chicks and Their Peeps
9. Long-suffering Dana, Life Is Good (aka Don't Let the Bastards Get You Down)
10. Rachel, the poet, The Waxing Moon
11. A chemist turned writer, Cheshire Wife
12. The Gentleman's Lady, A Funny Old Life
13. Amanda, the Archiologist, Travels with Persephone
14. Paul, Costo
15. The Crow, phantsy that

Peace and joy, friends.


11 comments:

Nancy said...

I know many of these blogs - well done, Bear!!

Lydia said...

I'm honored by your award, and to be among the others named, Bear. I can also see why it took you so long to work on this. I don't "do" awards any longer, but I would have a lot of difficulty narrowing the list down to 15 blogs to honor.

Donna K. Weaver said...

Congrats! That's a fun one to receive.

susan said...

I'd never visited Rubye Jack's blog til now and you're right that she is a very fine blogger.

Crow is currently off visiting his cormorant friends to make sure they get enough tiny fish which will pass through neck rings. He's a good friend to all creatures. I'm sure he will be delighted to hear about the most generous award.

About Last Weekend said...

I love Tattie Weasle, she's been an "URL friend" since you introduced us. Was that a year ago? Now over to check out the others....

lotta joy said...

Poor Dana, of LIFE IS GOOD, ain't there no more. She got run outta town on a stick.

Now she's busy being an unknown at WITLESS RELOCATION.

kj said...

i've stopped doing awards too, bear, but i am happy you are enjoying them. congratulations to your many fine cohorts!

love
kj

Laura Maria said...

I had a hard time picking 15 blogs when I got this sometime last year but it was because I was new and didn't "know" 15 bloggers. Congrats on receiving it and finally figuring out what to do with it :).
Thanks for visiting my blog and wishing it a happy birthday!!!

cheshire wife said...

Congratulations on the award and thank you for nominating me. I have to admit that I am not as versatile as you think. It is going to take some time to work out what to do with it.

Golden Eagle said...

Congratulations on the award! And congrats to the other nominees as well. :)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the win and thank you for introducing me to these blogs since I'm new at this.