Too nice a day for Bear to stay inside for the whole day (though the air conditioning is nice).
1. I did some cleaning up in my study, and took a whole big box of papers to recycling. It's been more than a year since we move into the "cave in the trees"; it's about time I got around to tidying up.
2. I got my bicycle out, went to the bike shop to check the air pressure in the tires, and then pedalled around the community for a few kilometres/miles.
|Bike, with no name.|
3. I did some reading. The book is a bit scary — it's non-fiction.
4. I took some pictures.
Touring the 'Hood.
I was hoping to get some pictures of where the land caved in on Thursday. But I could't get the picture without doing some trespassing, and interrupting a survey crew which as assessing the situation, so I decided to forgo that plan. The city still has the street blocked off, at the west . . .
and the east.
One of the things I forgot to mention is that the walkway on to the Traffic Bridge has been taken out. That was done to allow technicians to get in a further study the condition of the bridge. (At least that is the story from the City.) So the walkway was there one day . . .
and gone the next.
It was closed it off for fireworks a few days ago,
but have opened it up for people to enjoy the summer sun. And there has been lots happening, every day.
But the fence remains and the roadway is blocked off,
unless you know how to get around the fence.
This is also the annual Jazz Festival, and the "free stage" is right across the river from us.
So we don't even had to do anything; the festival comes to us, so to speak. The joys of living downtown. I won't go so far as to say that jazz is my favourite music. But this is good, so J and I enjoy it. And fortunately they shut down by about 11:00 p.m., which is quite considerate.
What kind of a day has it been? "A day like all days, filled with those events that alter and illuminate our time."
And Bear was there. And you have been, too.
Blessings and Bear hugs, friends.
One other thing.This is where I need some help, friends.
1. Does my bike need a name?
2. If so, what would you suggest as a good name for a bicycle ridden by a Bear?
OK. Now, BBh.