Monday, July 11, 2011

ZED, NOT ZEE (A - Z CHALLENGE)

All good things come to an end, it is written (somewhere).

Zed is the final letter in the English alphabet. (Were we speaking Greek, Omega would come last, but that's entirely different — except for Amanda.)

I know that in some places, like the United States, this final letter is pronounced Zee. As in Zee-Zee Top. (Can you feature Zed-Zed Top? Right.)

Anyhow, we've come to the end.

Well and truly did Canadian singer and songwriter Paul Anka pen the immortal words,
"And now, the end is near
And so I face the final curtain"
(Anka wrote that for Frank Sinatra, who sang it as "My Way.")


Now, I haven't exactly followed the rules for this A - Z Challenge. Had I done so, this would have started and ended in April, instead of ending in July. But most of you, gentle readers, know very well that Bear does not always abide by normative conventions (i.e., the rules). Following the rules can be so, well, boring, and may not fit one's schedule or inclinations. So, you got what you got.

What's next?

There will be changes. (Hardly a surprise.) 

I've decided to reprise my old (as in original) blog Bears Noting, meaning that I'll be using it more than I have in the recent past.
I'm not completely sure what I'll do there, buy I have some ideas. Let's say it will be a surprise. For you. And maybe me.
No, Diva, it won't be an "adult" blog. But I trust it will be interesting to adults, of all ages.
Every Tuesday and Friday, I'll have something new over there. And I'll try not to yabber. Hey; that's tomorrow. I'd better get working on something!

On Mondays and Thursdays, there'll be a new post on this blog, in which I may yabber. Which is why this is here today, since it's Monday. I'll see what happens on Thursday. Hmmmm; better get working on that, too!

Please Bear with me during this revitalization period. Bear thanks you.

------------

Also brought to you by the letter Z:
• zoo
• zebra
• zone
• Zulu
• Zen

And from the new Phonetic Alphabet, Zed the lot! Which, in fact, I have.

20 comments:

Genie -- Paris and Beyond said...

Bear, I will follow you wherever you may go... (wasn't that a song, too?)

Zee truth is that you brighten up zee blog world...

Bises,
Genie

Laura said...

I love Zed-bras! I saw some at the Zoo last week! :)

((Hugs))
Laura

The Bipolar Diva said...

I LOVE ZZ Top. They're from Texas ya know, bein' a Texas girl my Texan citizenship would be revoked if I didn't love them. And you mentioned me! I'm honored! I love you Bear!

Rob-bear said...

® Genie: Bisous, my wonderful "French" lady from the U.S. I'll bet you pronounce a lot of Zee American words like Zees.

® Laura: Yes, I believe I did see the zoo pictures.
I'd add something else, but this is a family-style, G-rated blog.
Hugs to you, too. (Ever been hugged by a Bear?)

® Diva: Thanks for the info-update. What Bear knew that Zed-Zed Top came from Texas? Are you sure they're not illegal aliens?
Bear hugs from up north (more or less, but not as far as Alaska).

Natalie said...

I am a fan of Zed -Zed top also Bear!
Drives me stark ravin' loonie trying to teach my children how to speak Australian English, when all they watch on TV is: zee and cookies, not bickies, and they ask me for candy and not lollies as they ought to. Bah!

Diana said...

Sounds like you are going to be a Busy Bear!! I will try to keep up. I know I've been bad this year but I am trying!!
Love Di ♥

Nancy said...

Good luck on your new, revised, blog!

Frances said...

Bear, I look forward to Zipping over to your new Zone. Zounds! That A to Z Zoomed past with a Ziss and lots of Zest.

xo

Anonymous said...

I hope to follow you on your journey.
Good luck on your new schedule.

THINGS YOU'D NEVER GUESS ABOUT ME said...

How about if you do what I do on my blog. I just put my fingers on the keyboard and whatever is in my head falls out of my fingers. My better posts are unplanned and on the fly.

Amanda Summer said...

hehe - i love genie's comment - you certainly do brighten up zee blog world!

kind thanks for the shout out r-bear — and about the letter z - i was just listening to a canadian refer to it as zed...

yes. zed zed top would be awful. and i didn't know that paul anka is responsible for that song sinatra made so famous - thanks for that insight!

ok. so you are migrating to bears noting — duly noted. would not want to lose track of zee bear.

About Last Weekend said...

Mum always said you'd get extra points in a hopscotch game if your name had a "Zed" in it, so was most brassed off to find mine had none in it. Still cann't get used to the zeees here in the US

Tattieweasle said...

Always be a Zee to me - I learnt my alphabet in Canada! Looking forward to reading your new ventures!

Rob-bear said...

® Natalie: What was the bit in My Fair Lady about English? "In America they haven't used in it years."
Condolences in your trying to educate your young. Just don't toss you bickies, OK?
Thanks.

® Diana: A busy Bear is a happy Bear, who's probably staying out of mischief. Emphasis on "probably."
Thanks for the thought.

® Nancy. Thanks. Please do drop by.

® Frances: You've completely outdone me! (Which actually isn't too hard, to tell the truth.) But thanks for following along.

Rob-bear said...

® Dedine: Thanks. I thought I might as well be energetic about it. I hate to over-promise and under-produce, so this will keep me on my toes.
A la prochaine.

® Beau's Mom: Thanks for the tip.
The "make it up as you go along" will happen Monday and Thursday. The serious contemplation of the existential nature of the Universe will happen Tuesday and Friday. OK?

® Amanda: Thanks for your kindness.
Actually there'll be lots of migrating between here, and Bears Noting, and back. This is to keep Bear from storing all his hunney in one place. And to give you different things to view. I'd be glad if you, and my other friends, could follow along.

Rob-bear said...

® About Last Weekend: Sorry about the name thing. Henceforth, you shall be called Jodiez. Perhaps. Thanks for coming along.

® Tattie Weasle: Thanks so much for coming by my blog.
If you don't find me here, or at Bears Noting, I might be at your place. That happens for the others who visit here.

Gutsy Living said...

I am looking forward to your next surprise for all of us. A new "look"?
A different background?

Suburbia said...

Hi bear
Just checking in
Hope you are ok
Thanks for your kind comments at mine :-)

Sylvia Ney said...

Best of luck with the new routine. I should pop over to your other blog and check it out.

I also wanted to let you know I added a "MR. Linky" widget my blogfest ad to make signing up easier. I hope to see you there! ;-) http://writinginwonderland.blogspot.com/2011/07/wonderland-giveaway-blogfest-2011.html

ain't for city gals said...

lol..I didn't know Paul Anka was Canadian...tomorrow is thursday...I will try to check back...