There was a comment on my last post before the tornado nonsense in mid-June. My blog had been nominated for the "Inspiring Blog Award." This, from a total stranger.
So I did what I usually do. My "nose for news" got going, and moseyed on over to check out the details.
Jemima Pett works with animals. Guinea Pigs, in fact. (I want you to know that I behaved myself; I didn't eat either of them for a snack.) She turns them into the Princelings of the East in her fiction books.
But really, anyone who works with animals like that has got to be a good person! (You go check her blog.)
As a recipient of this award, I am required to
1. I lived on Melrose Avenue in North York (right beside the City of Toronto) when I was growing up.
The original Melrose was in the Scottish border area, and had a wonderful abbey, which (I suspect) was demolished during the Suppression or Dissolution of the Monasteries by Henry VIII of England. The religious communities were basically sacked by Henry's troops between 1536 and 1541, and their money added to the Royal Treasury. I think he was worried about them being hotbeds of Roman Catholicism, ready to dispute his plans to try Britain's congregations in the Anglican Church.
2. My second favourite colour is green. And the older I get, the more I like green. Green as in trees, and grass, and plants. Particularly Hunter Green for painting.
3. I have a huge amount of trouble keeping my study clean and tidy. There is so much that I am doing that paper and books seems to accumulate here, there, and everywhere. But usually, I know where things are if I want them. Usually. (OK, sometimes.)
4. I have a mixed relationship with baking. I like making scones. But if I make them I'll want to eat them. Never tried donuts. Not much at cakes. Or cookies.
Maybe I just need more practice. Which would mean people to whom I can send my "treats." I wouldn't want to waste good food. Though some may go to waist.
5. I would love to have a motorcycle.
It's a death wish, I think.
Can you imagine a Bear on a motorcycle, outside a circus?
My point exactly. Sigh!
6. I used to be a day person. Now, I've become a night person. I'm not sure how this transition happened. I think it had to do with the amount of pain I have experienced, which sometimes (or more often) keeps me awake at night.
How many of you are day people? How many night people?
7. I enjoy doing Tai Chi. I understand there are several groups going that in our city. I've tried contacting them, with no response. Have you ever tried that?
Last task. I need to nominate 15 people/blogs for the "Inspiring Blog Award." Herein lies the problem. I don't follow blogs which are un-inspiring.
So Bear will be creative. And ask you inspiring readers for help with this. You tell me; which blogs do you consider inspiring, and worthy of this aware? Maybe one that I follow already; maybe something I have not seen before. Please let me know.
Blessings and Bear hugs to all.