Wednesday, May 27, 2009

WE'LL MEET AGAIN . . .

"We'll meet again, don't know where, don't know when,
But I know we'll meet again, some sunny day."
-- Very Lynn (1939)

For the second time this year, I spent a large part of last evening in the Emergency Department of one of our local hospitals. The problem: serious chest pain. And again, it was not my heart. (So now you have the bad news and the good news.)

The rest of the news it that:
1. I will be seeing my own family doctor as soon as possible,
2. I probably won't be in the blogsphere, at least for a while, because I'll need to rest more, and,
3. I have to seriously re-consider how much I can do with my blogs, especially with the change in the seasons, and the responsibilities for keeping up the house and garden, and playing with the grandkids..

When life serves me lemons, I've got at least four choices: make lemonade, ask for tequila and salt, put it on fish and chips, or put in in my rum and coke (rum's too sweet without some lemon or lime). The first consideration -- what do I want today (or at least this morning). Sigh; too many choices for this old bear. I'll have to sleep on it.

10 comments:

Vic said...

Hang in there Rob! I'll miss reading your posts (even though I was a rotten commenter. Sorry...)

Hopefully you'll be feeling a lot better soon, and I'll be back here reading.

Anonymous said...

Take care of yourself Rob :)
Phillip

Wendy said...

Sorry to hear about your health, Rob. Look after yourself and keep seeking balance in your life. I'll be sending you healing energy through cyber-space.

Bogey said...

"Too sick to work; too healthy to die...." Keep that in mind.

Snowbrush said...

Rob-Bear,

I just saw your notice about closing your blog. I'm here, and I would like to maintain contact. Please let me know if there is anything I can do. Seriously.

As for myself, I'm starting to have hope because some days and nights are better than other days and nights. Today is bad, but yesterday was good. I'm trying to wean myself off painkillers and sleeping pills as best I am able, but the latter might be harder to let go of than the former.

Please do stay in touch.

Anonymous said...

Lose the garden. Lose the house. Lose the grandkids just long enough to take control of what you can and let the rest go.

Natalie said...

Deary me, Rob! I hope you get to the bottom of it all - very scary for you.
Now look, in regard to options re: lemon, there really is only one choice.
Drum roll please.....Aussie Bundaberg Rum and coke with a twist! YUMMMMMEEEEE RUMMEEEEEE.

Please get well soon.xx

Suldog said...

God bless, Bear! Here's looking forward to seeing you back in this space at least by September; hope for sooner!

Prayer being said as soon as this posts.

The Blog Fodder said...

Take care my friend and stay in touch if you can.
Look after yourself.

comebacknikki said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your health - that really sucks! :( Hopefully, you'll be back soon... or I'll see you around at some other blogs. Take care!!